Inventory Modules is said to be heart of ERP system, whatever you buy, sell, evaluate stock, products manufactured, profit or loss is all done here.
Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations allows much more powerful functionality and control over the system as per any organization requirements.
The official link to MB6-896 by Microsoft content is here
Course 81204 by Microsoft
- Set up and configure inventory management
- This objective may include but is not limited to: create sites; create warehouses; configure warehouse items; set up inventory aisles and locations; configure boxing logic; manage the inventory close process
- Manage products and services
- This objective may include but is not limited to: create product and service records; create item groups and item model groups; create storage and tracking dimensions; track inventory using serial and batch numbers; create units of measure; create inventory and posting profiles; create released products
- Enrich product data
- This objective may include but is not limited to: set up product attributes; create attribute groups; create and maintain product hierarchies; set up supplementary items
- Configure, run, and review inventory reports
- This objective may include but is not limited to: configure ABC classifications; determine physical inventory; run and analyze inventory aging reports; configure and run forecasting reports
- Configure and manage inventory journals
- This objective may include but is not limited to: set up inventory journals; manage inventory adjustments; create transfer, bills of materials, and counting journals; set up and manage cycle counting operations; process inventory blocking; set up item registration
Basics via QA:
What are Products?
Any purchasable/sell-able product or service which has value. Example: Raw materials: cloth material, finished products T-shirt, services: transport delivery, assets: sewing machines.
Product with product dimensions like size, color, style or configuration. Example: Product T-Shirt with different size, color & style. Configuration is more used for custom type categorization
All products if created directly from Products or Product masters remains in centralized environment which is still not ready to be used by any legal entity unless released specifically then they appear under released products. Alternatively known as items.
Tip: We can created item directly under released products which simultaneously creates entry in Products or Product master.
By this a product is managed to be released across multiple legal entities and again each entity can rename Product Type (Item or Service), Sub type (Product or Product Masters), Item code, description, item model group, price, Purchase Tax, Sales Tax codes or units individually.
Note: Item type service has to be item model group configured with No Stock enabled. read advance topic here here
Stock count and value of the Product grouped under various Site, Warehouse, location, pallet, shelves configurations.
In this course we will see about:
- Various setups with detail explanations
- Scenarios with examples